Tuesday 3 November 2015

Thinking outside the box

Before the half term break, Pippa notified me that something 'out-of-the-box' was going to be trialled down in Nursery that day and urged me to go have a look.  I was intrigued and so popped over in one of my free periods, and this is what greeted me:


Sue Michaels came up with the idea to develop gross and fine motor skills by attaching the normal paintbrushes that they use to a helmet!

I thought this was brilliant and the children were obviously enjoying themselves at the same time as being challenged! You know it's a great teaching idea when you want to have a go yourself!




 It is ideas like this, that push the boundaries/ mix things up a bit and make teaching and also learning more enjoyable and effective. Sue was worried that it may have fell flat on its face, but she ploughed on regardless and turned out to be a great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment